I am a faculty member at the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems in Kaiserslautern, Germany, leading the Control Software Systems Group which is additionally funded by the Emmy Noether Programme of the German Science Foundation (DFG). If you want to know what I’m working on, check out this very recent academic story explaining our research to a general audience or visit our group research page.
- 11/23 — I’m honored to re-open the CFV seminar series (after the covid break) with an in-person invited talk in Brussels in December 2023!
- 10/23 — Our paper on “Solving Two-Player Games under Progress Assumptions” got accepted to VMCAI’24.
- 09/23 — Our paper on “Symbolic control for stochastic systems via finite parity games” finally appeared in the NAHS journal!
- 09/23 — Our paper on “Solving Odd-fair Parity Games” got accepted to FSTTCS’23!
- 09/23 — Our paper on “Context-Triggered Abstraction-Based Control Design” appeared in the IEEE Open Journal of Control Systems.
- 07/23 — I have joined the MPI-SWS faculty in Kaiserslautern on a tenure track!
- 06/23 — I will serve on the PC of WODES’24, ICCPS’24, HSCC’24 and ADHS’24!
- 05/23 — Our poster won the best poster award at HSCC’23!
- 04/23 — Congratulations to Kaushik Mallik — who was a very close collaborator of mine during my postdoc — for winning the ETAPS Doctoral Dissertation Award 2023!
- 04/23 — We will present two papers at CAV’23 (26% acceptance rate, see papers)!
- 04/23 — I’m honored to deliver a keynote talk at the SEN symposium this year!
- 04/23 — I will serve on the PC of TACAS’24 and VMCAI’24!
- 03/23 — We will present three posters at HSCC’23 (see program)!
- 03/23 — I will be giving an invited talk at the Theorietag Automaten und Formale Sprachen.
- 01/23 — Our paper on “Lazy Synthesis of Symbolic Output-Feedback Controllers for State-Based Safety Specifications” got accepted to HSCC’23!
- 01/23 — Our paper on “Fast Symbolic Algorithms for Omega-Regular Games under Strong Transition Fairness“ appeared in TheoretiCS (12% acceptance rate)
- 01/23 — I am starting to serve as an Associate Editor for the IFAC Journal on Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems!
- 12/22 — Our paper on “Computing Adequately Permissive Assumptions for Synthesis” got accepted to TACAS’23 (34% acceptance rate, ArXiv preprint)
- 12/22 — I’m co-organizing a virtual workshop on Control Software Synthesis for Cyber-Physical Systems in January and February 2023. Please have a look at our program and register (for free) here!
- 07/12/22 — I’m giving a talk in the Saarland Informatics Campus Joint Lecture Series
- 11/22 — 13 Million Euro funding for the extension of the Transregional Collaborative Research Center “Foundations of Perspicuous Software Systems”.
Within this DFG-funded research cluster I will co-lead the project on “Distributed Knowledge and Information Flow” with Bernd Finkbeiner (CISPA), starting in January 2023.
- 04/11/22 — I’m giving a talk in the Mini-Workshop on “Formal Methods for Autonomous Systems” at Chalmers in Gothenburg, Sweden, hosted by Nir Piterman.
- 09/22 — Congratulations to my PhD student Ana M. Mainhardt for winning the best student paper award at WODES’22 for our paper on “Assume-Guarantee Synthesis of Decentralized Supervisory Control”.
- 07/22 — I’m serving as an Associate Editor for the IEEE Open Journal of Control Systems invited section “Formal Verification and Synthesis of Cyber-Physical Systems”.
Consider to submit your best papers! (CFP, deadline: March 15th, 2023 )
- 04/22 — Best paper award nominee, EATCS.
for our paper “A Direct Symbolic Algorithm for Solving Stochastic Rabin Games” together with T. Banerjee, R. Majumdar (MPI-SWS), K. Mallik (IST-Austria), and S. Soudjani (Newcastle University).
- 03/22 — I am honored to serve as the elected Ombudsperson of MPI-SWS for the coming 3 years.
- 01/22 — Our paper on “Supervisory Controller Synthesis for Non-terminating Processes is an Obliging Game“ (with R. Majumdar ) will appear in TAC.