I am an independent research group leader at the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems in Kaiserslautern, Germany, leading the Control Software Systems Group which is externally funded by the Emmy Noether Programme of the German Science Foundation (DFG).
- 01/23 — Our paper on “Lazy Synthesis of Symbolic Output-Feedback Controllers for State-Based Safety Specifications” got accepted to HSCC’23!
- 01/23 — I am starting to serve as an Associate Editor for the IFAC Journal on Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems!
- 12/22 — Our paper on “Computing Adequately Permissive Assumptions for Synthesis” got accepted to TACAS’23 (ArXiv preprint)
- 12/22 — I’m co-organizing a virtual workshop on Control Software Synthesis for Cyber-Physical Systems in January and February 2023. Please have a look at our program and register (for free) here!
- 07/12/22 — I’m giving a talk in the Saarland Informatics Campus Joint Lecture Series
- 11/22 — 13 Million Euro funding for the extension of the Transregional Collaborative Research Center “Foundations of Perspicuous Software Systems”.
Within this DFG-funded research cluster I will co-lead the project on “Distributed Knowledge and Information Flow” with Bernd Finkbeiner (CISPA), starting in January 2023.
- 04/11/22 — I’m giving a talk in the Mini-Workshop on “Formal Methods for Autonomous Systems” at Chalmers in Gothenburg, Sweden, hosted by Nir Piterman.
- 09/22 — Congratulations to my PhD student Ana M. Mainhardt for winning the best student paper award at WODES’22 for our paper on “Assume-Guarantee Synthesis of Decentralized Supervisory Control”.
- 07/22 — I’m serving as an Associate Editor for the IEEE Open Journal of Control Systems invited section “Formal Verification and Synthesis of Cyber-Physical Systems”.
Consider to submit your best papers! (CFP, deadline: March 15th, 2023 )
- 04/22 — Best paper award nominee, EATCS.
for our paper “A Direct Symbolic Algorithm for Solving Stochastic Rabin Games” together with T. Banerjee, R. Majumdar (MPI-SWS), K. Mallik (IST-Austria), and S. Soudjani (Newcastle University).
- 03/22 — I am honored to serve as the elected Ombudsperson of MPI-SWS for the coming 3 years.
- 01/22 — Our paper on “Supervisory Controller Synthesis for Non-terminating Processes is an Obliging Game“ (with R. Majumdar ) will appear in TAC.