You have reached my academic website. Welcome!
I am currently a Software Engineer at Facebook’s Static Analysis team, Infer. Nowadays, I am working on a static analysis tool for detecting performance regressions at diff time.
- type systems with an emphasis on refinements, dependent types, and resource usage
- incremental computation
- relational reasoning
- bidirectional programming.
I graduated from Bilkent University’s Computer Engineering Department in 2011.
- Relational Cost Analysis. Ezgi Cicek, Gilles Barthe, Marco Gaboardi, Deepak Garg and Jan Hoffmann, 44th ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, POPL’17. (appendix)
- A Type Theory for Incremental Computational Complexity with Control Flow Changes. Ezgi Çiçek, Zoe Paraskevopoulou and Deepak Garg, 21st ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming, ICFP’16. (appendix)
- Refinement Types for Incremental Computational Complexity Ezgi Çiçek, Umut Acar and Deepak Garg, 24th European Symposium on Programming, ESOP’15. (appendix)
- Cost-analysis: How do monads and comonads differ? Ezgi Çiçek, Marco Gaboardi and Deepak Garg at DICE 16 (Developments on Implicit Computational Complexity, co-located with ETAPS). [video]
- Language Support for Efficient Dynamic Computation Umut Acar, Ezgi Çiçek and Deepak Garg OBT’13 (Off the Beaten Track Workshop, co-located with POPL).
I am done with my PhD!
I am invited to the Dagstuhl Seminar on “Resource Bound Analysis“.
I have attended to the NII Schonan Meeting on “Semantics of Effects, Resources and Applications” in Shonan Village near Tokyo, Japan.
I have attended the Dagstuhl Seminar on “Programming Language Techniques for Incremental and Reactive Computing“.
I recently completed a research internship on bidirectional graph transformations at National Institute of Informatics (NII) in Tokyo, Japan. I worked on a proof system for guaranteeing free-edits to bidirectional graph transformations with Asst. Prof. Soichiro Hidaka at Programming Research Lab.
- I am serving on the PC of the 2018 ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Partial Evaluation and Program Manipulation (PEPM’18).
- I was on the PC of the 1st Workshop on Incremental Computing (IC’17).
- I have served on the POPL’17 Artifact Evaluation Committee.
- For the 2014-2015 year, I was the graduate student representative at MPI-SWS.