- type systems with an emphasis on refinements, dependent types, and resource usage/execution cost
- incremental computation
- relational reasoning
- bidirectional programming
- Relational Cost Analysis. Ezgi Cicek, Gilles Barthe, Marco Gaboardi, Deepak Garg and Jan Hoffmann, 44th ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, POPL’17.
- A Type Theory for Incremental Computational Complexity with Control Flow Changes. Ezgi Çiçek, Zoe Paraskevopoulou and Deepak Garg, 21st ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming, ICFP’16. (appendix)
- Refinement Types for Incremental Computational Complexity Ezgi Çiçek, Umut Acar and Deepak Garg, 24th European Symposium on Programming, ESOP’15.
- Cost-analysis: How do monads and comonads differ? Ezgi Çiçek, Marco Gaboardi and Deepak Garg at DICE 16 (Developments on Implicit Computational Complexity, co-located with ETAPS). [video]
- Language Support for Efficient Dynamic Computation Umut Acar, Ezgi Çiçek and Deepak Garg OBT’13 (Off the Beaten Track Workshop, co-located with POPL).
I have attended the Dagstuhl Seminar on “Programming Language Techniques for Incremental and Reactive Computing“.
I recently completed a research internship on bidirectional graph transformations at National Institute of Informatics (NII) in Tokyo, Japan. I worked on a proof system for guaranteeing free-edits to bidirectional graph transformations with Asst. Prof. Soichiro Hidaka at Programming Research Lab.
First Place (Graduate), ACM Student Reseach Competiton at POPL 2015, Mumbai, India
If you are interested in type systems or functional programming, here is a list of summer schools and workshops you can attend:
PLMW co-located with POPL.
MGS organized in UK.
OPLSS in Eugene, OR.