- type systems with an emphasis on refinements, dependent types, and complexity analysis
- incremental computation
- relational reasoning
- bidirectional programming
- Cost-analysis: How do monads and comonads differ? Ezgi Çiçek, Marco Gaboardi and Deepak Garg at DICE 16 (Developments on Implicit Computational Complexity, co-located with ETAPS). [video]
- Refinement Types for Incremental Computational Complexity Ezgi Çiçek, Umut Acar and Deepak Garg, ESOP’15.
- Language Support for Efficient Dynamic Computation Umut Acar, Ezgi Çiçek and Deepak Garg OBT’13 (Off the Beaten Track Workshop, co-located with POPL).
I recently completed a research internship on bidirectional graph transformations at National Institute of Informatics (NII) in Tokyo, Japan. I worked on a proof system for guaranteeing free-edits to bidirectional graph transformations with Asst. Prof. Soichiro Hidaka at Programming Research Lab.
First Place (Graduate), ACM Student Reseach Competiton at POPL 2015, 2015
If you are interested in type systems or functional programming, here is a list of summer schools and workshops you can attend:
PLMW co-located with POPL.
MGS organized in UK.
OPLSS in Eugene, OR.