- type systems with an emphasis on refinements, dependent types, and resource usage/execution cost
- incremental computation
- relational reasoning
- bidirectional programming
- Relational Cost Analysis. Ezgi Cicek, Gilles Barthe, Marco Gaboardi, Deepak Garg and Jan Hoffmann, 44th ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, POPL’17.
- A Type Theory for Incremental Computational Complexity with Control Flow Changes. Ezgi Çiçek, Zoe Paraskevopoulou and Deepak Garg, 21st ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming, ICFP’16. (appendix)
- Refinement Types for Incremental Computational Complexity Ezgi Çiçek, Umut Acar and Deepak Garg, 24th European Symposium on Programming, ESOP’15.
- Cost-analysis: How do monads and comonads differ? Ezgi Çiçek, Marco Gaboardi and Deepak Garg at DICE 16 (Developments on Implicit Computational Complexity, co-located with ETAPS). [video]
- Language Support for Efficient Dynamic Computation Umut Acar, Ezgi Çiçek and Deepak Garg OBT’13 (Off the Beaten Track Workshop, co-located with POPL).
I have attended the Dagstuhl Seminar on “Programming Language Techniques for Incremental and Reactive Computing“.
I recently completed a research internship on bidirectional graph transformations at National Institute of Informatics (NII) in Tokyo, Japan. I worked on a proof system for guaranteeing free-edits to bidirectional graph transformations with Asst. Prof. Soichiro Hidaka at Programming Research Lab.